Friday, February 02, 2007

Give Her A Raise

A friend shared with me last year that people want good service but most do not know how to place a premium value on good service. This has left a lasting impression on me.

Two nights ago, after watching a football match, I was at Starbucks.

I was dead tired and, faced with the daunting task of choosing a drink from such a wide array of beverages, I was absolutely lost!

My plight must have been too obvious to one of their friendly employees, who approached me and offered help.

I told her, "I am superbly thirsty and need something refreshing."

She recommended chilled still water or an icy mango drink. I bought both. She served me the drinks swiftly and she said she hoped that I'd keep coming back.

As I was about to leave, I asked her for a feedback form. I gave her positive ratings and in the comments section I justified my ratings. My final remarks were, "Give her a raise!"

I have done this quite regularly in recent months. I am not sure how far it helps one get a raise but it sure brings a contagious smile to the face of the persons that attend to me!

Sometimes, instead of leaving a feedback form, I also ask if a person needs to share his or her tips. If such persons reply that they get to keep their tips, I make it a point to tip them well.

I hope I am giving good service an apt value.

Happiness,
Dharmendra Yadav

No comments: