Friday, January 01, 2010

Focus on Revival

Unlike others who make resolutions, I usually set a theme or focus for the year and plan the year ahead. As the year passes, I set goals around this focus.

In the past 2 years, I have focused on development. As part of that process, I left my job of 5 years as a corporate counsel.

I went back to law school to do a law conversion programme and I got my licence to practise law in Singapore. I now work as an advocate and solicitor in Global Law Alliance LLC.

The change has been refreshing.

I no longer advise just one company but a whole array of individuals and entities. I have been introduced to areas of law that I was never exposed to in my in-house stint. I have made many new friends, some of whom are very close now.

It is not easy to put your life on hold.

A lot of sacrifices have to be made and you tend to deprioritise things you once considered important (for example, updating this blog).

You also come back to a lot of debt!

The next 2 years are going to be about revival. I wish to revive the things that I once wanted to do, to have and to pursue.

I hope you will take some time to think about your year ahead.

Happy New Year.

Happiness,
Dharmendra Yadav

Please consider the environment. Do you really need to print this?

No comments: