Sunday, January 27, 2008

Go For Values

Someone asked me yesterday what attracted me to another:
a. beauty / good looks; or
b. intelligence.

I believe such attraction to another is short-lived and superficial.

What really draws me to another person is his or her values, that is things which are really important to the person and how positive the person is.

Such values define the person at the core and are essentially the lifeblood that enable relationships to survive the test of time.

Unlike physical attractiveness or the ability to synthesise information and articulate ideas - that tend to deteriorate as one gets older - values only evolve with the passing of time.

I think that is how I have consciously or subconsciously chosen others to be my good or special friends or partners.

Go for values!

Happiness,
Dharmendra Yadav

Please consider the environment - do you really need to print this?

No comments: