Thursday, March 01, 2007

SIEU Reply: Three Ideas For SIEU

This is an excerpt of a reply from Singapore Insurance Employees' Union to my letter where I shared three ideas with them:

REPLY RECEIVED ON 1 MARCH 2007 FROM SIEU

On behalf of SIEU, I am very pleased to receive your feedback.

Your 3 useful suggestions will be given to the Education & Publication Committee.
I like to share with you that the union is keen to improve its publication. The union also wish to provide more and better communication and educational avenues to its members. However, we are always challenged in terms of resources and logistics as SIEU has only about 3043 Ordinary and 3614 General members.

In this connection, we are most delighted to have members like you who are concerned about the union and its activities...

As our member, we welcome your participation in the union. Your contribution in
any way you prefer would make a difference to our organisation.

We thank you for your support and feedback.

Willie Tan
General Secretary
SIEU

*****

The part of the reply that I have removed is an invitation from SIEU requesting me to join their Education & Publication Committee. I have agreed "to be both a sounding board and ad-hoc resource for the union for up to 12 hrs per year, without any official recognition of the contributions".

Happiness,
Dharmendra Yadav

No comments: