Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Why Love Happiness

Recently, a person shared with me her plans about the future. She is going to study dentistry.

Without the slightest hesitation, I jumped in and listed all the things she should not be doing about her future. She was rather taken aback by my response.

Later that evening, I reflected about this incident. I tried to put myself in her shoes.

If I were in her shoes, I'd probably tell myself, "How dare he tell me how to live my future?"

I realised that by sharing with me she had meant to share and celebrate her happiness. I had, unfortunately, spoilt her plans.

Such incidents are typical in world surrounded by negativity. I am sure, at some point, we have tried to tell others "what we think is right", even though it may not be "right" for them.

It is a plague that involves many: families, friends, colleagues and even strangers!

This space is my personal attempt to confront my own negativity, and hopefully find the happiness I seek.

In making this public, I hope to share this happiness with others. Love Happiness is therefore an attempt to find happiness, share happiness and celebrate happiness.

In the time that is yet to be, I hope to share positive thoughts that inspire other positive people so that, at least, the world around me can become a more positive world.

Yesterday, someone shared with me his plans for the future. It was something he has always wanted to do: become a lawyer. I replied, "Great! Let's have lunch and celebrate."

You too are invited to share and celebrate your happiness, in order to help me make this difference.

Happiness,
Dharmendra Yadav

No comments: